Thursday, May 3, 2007

Code E-3

Nightmare of all nightmares...I took all 3 of my kids shopping for clothes at a store that doesn't have carts they can ride in! I was thinking they'd be good and listen...quick in and out...get what we need, be done! It all started last Sunday when I was attempting to get Mykenzie ready for church...she has long sleeve, cold weather dresses, but not much for summer. So I thought I'd take today, go into town and get the girl some sunday clothes. The day started off well enough...but somewhere between the fight over who gets to push the cart and Mykenzie getting mad, I lost all control! Mykenzie wanted to throw a fit because she didn't get to push Jayden. She starts hiding under all the clothing racks (of course, right as we're ready to leave), plus she's mad at me...so she doesn't want to be found. After Jaxon and I run around the store like mad people calling her name and looking for her, we finally get worried and run to customer service who immediately call out a code 3 (apparently that is a missing child code). The place just comes to life...all employees stop what they are doing and start searching the store. What I can only assume was a manager asks me to quickly follow him to the front of the store to inspect the little girls leaving making sure no one is walking out with my daughter (at this point I am completely paranoid thinking the worst). The employees spread out and start searching with my lovely description of her clothing. After what feels like a half and hour, my manager "friend" says she's in the back...and there she is....as soon as she sees me she tries to start running away again...can you say...NEVER TAKING MY KIDS TO THE STORE WITH ME AGAIN! This is EXACTLY why I do my grocery shopping at night when Chris is home and they are IN BED!

10 comments:

jksfam said...

I feel your pain!!!! I would usually go anywhere with just 1. 2 made me think about it a little and sometimes not go. When I start to think about it with 4, I stop mid thought. Actually, we have tried sometimes, but it's not usually a good thing! (I guess you can consider that a warning - congratulations, by the way.) I'm very sorry for the stress involved today, though!

Jim and Lisa said...

Yikes, Nicole! These types of things happen to you way too much! What a scary day. I'm glad things worked out all right.

CMHill said...

Scary.

ellen said...

Will it make the Richmond newspaper?!?

Swoopref said...

What a story... glad to hear everyone is accounted for. What is the code for 10 kids on the loose?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

:)
Hmmmm! Nothing is more frightening than losing a child in the store!
So glad that sweet little one was found! I bet her eyes were so bright!

Wendster said...

Try loosing one at the County Fair! I definitely feel for you.

TXlaps said...

Remember when Kimmy Matheny freaked out on mom at the store? "You're not my mom!"

Anonymous said...

People should read this.