Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Payton's First Birthday!


Last night we celebrated Payton's FIRST birthday! I can't believe it's been a year! We were reminiscing over where we were a year ago last night...at the time of cake and ice cream, we were at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden talking with the neonatologists and trying to figure out the logistics of what would be our life for the next 2 months! Payton's birthday cake (above)

Payton and two of his grandmas

looking at grandma alice

he LOVED these balloons from sarah and dirk (we missed you, dirk)

eating his third piece of cake!

We had a lot of fun and so appreciated everyone celebrating with us. What a special boy he is, but we knew that would be the case LONG before he even was born.

7 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Payton!!

klap said...

We also remember this day well; maybe I'll share my version...mom called early on Sunday morning to tell us you were in labor. (where's that?) So we had a little prayer and went back to sleep...or tried. After the excitement, Micah was Mr. Chattypants and kept talking and was apparently wide awake, so I went out to the couch and apparently both of us fell back asleep. I didn't hear the alarm from the living room & Micah somehow slept through it. When I did wake up, I knew something was wrong. I looked at the clock and sure enough, church had started an hour ago!!
We're so glad to have cutie pie Payton with us!! Happy birthday!

Swoopref said...

I`m quite sure the "LaPierre Clan extended" has a birthday celebration every week and a half somewhere in the Americas. Maybe Grandma has such stats??

But I will still send out a big Happy Birthday to Payton, one of my best pals I`ve never met.

Have more cake!

Anonymous said...

There are seasons of busy- ness, for sure!
Hey, Katy and Micah, glad you had a prayer for her (hence the early morning phone call?) !
:)
Brian, love the photo!

Anonymous said...

All's well that end well.

CMHill said...

Happy BDAY! Sorry its a bit late, but we thought of you on your special day...

Z_Fam said...

How time flies! I can't believe that Payton is so big already. We can't wait to see you guys soon!