Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't you just LOVE it?


I was just thinking about our kite flying experience. I'm not the kind of mom who takes the kids all over town. We mostly hang out around our neighborhood...why not there is like a hundred other kids to play with! Anyway...every once in a while I get the notion to "be a cool mom" and do something out of the ordinary with my kids, like flying kites. I get it on the brain that this is going to be a great time. We are all going to have fun. Everything is going to just be perfect. In my mind, the sun is shining, and the kids are laughing. I envision them running up to me and telling me how much fun this is and what an awesome mom I am. I think, "Cool. This is going to be great. We'll bond and we'll be a better family for it!"
Then we begin the activity...whatever it is...and not 10 minutes into it I'm thinking, "What happened?" The kids are fighting, the sky gray, the stupid kites won't fly...whatever! Then what i thought was going to be this great experience ends up like a really bad dream.

WHY IS THAT?

and then last night chris had to work late so we got some hamburgers and watched a movie before bed. And those kids, those very same ones from the kite experience, all want to sit on my lap. They all want to snuggle next to me...and for the first time in his entire life, Payton gave me an unsolicited kiss on the cheek!

KIDS!

4 comments:

The Tanner Thompsons said...

precious!

klap said...

that's too funny....
I think you're a cool mom! With lots of cool dinner recipes! Thanks-it came out tasty by the way!

Cris said...

Jayden looks like he's there on threat of bodily harm

Renee said...

well i think they're darn cute!