Thursday, March 1, 2007

the Rantings of Nicole

OH, I am so mad I think I just might explode! I have never had my intelligence so insulted in my entire life. I know I'm no genius, but really! This lady had to think I was a child to think I could be as stupid as she was assuming I was! For as long as we've lived in our house, our mortgage company has paid our taxes and insurance. We refinanced not too long ago and now we pay. I have NEVER..in 5 years ever ONCE received a tax statement. I always assumed that it just got sent to whoever paid it. I assumed this fall that my old mortgage company must have paid it, since we didn't receive a statement. Anyway, that obviously wasn't the case. I had to call the Cache County Assessors office to find out why we've never received a bill. This woman told me that (and this really is exactly what she said), "Maybe you threw it away." Ummm, yeah, everthing that says "assessors office" right in the recycle...why would i need that? Then she tells me that maybe the post office messed up...yeah for the last five years, the post office has been able to deliver everything BUT that...they are keeping a collection of them...just for a joke, I'm sure. they have a stash of 15 or so letters from the assessors office just for fun 'cause they get bored up there. they thought they'd make a joke of the anderson family. HELLO?!?! maybe there is just something wrong with your program...maybe for some reason it hasn't been getting sent?! AHHH! I just want to scream. I don't think anyone can be as dumb as this lady was suggesting I am. The government always does everything right and with how many thousands of bills that they send out at least twice every year, yup, the mistake must definitely be on my part!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty convinced that it's a principle of public "service" that you never admit having made a mistake or being wrong. If I ever find an exception I'll let you know...don't hold your breath.
dad

TXlaps said...

now imagine working for the government and you'll see why my career is frustrating at times

Swoopref said...

our church councils forgiveness...

Hey, isn`t that Nicole up in that tower?...What is she doing with that high powered rifle?