Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BIG fans here...

Harry Potter completely consumed our weekend! Both of us beng die hard harry fans were anxiously awaiting the arrival of the last book. Chris walked into walmart saturday afternoon, picked one up off the shelf, paid $18.00 for it and came home. (We so don't get the waiting in line for 2 hours and paying $25.00). I started it that afternoon...Chris took over that night. He read it that night and then Sunday after church. He finished at 4:00 a.m. Monday morning. I picked it up at 9:00 a.m. Monday morning and finished at 6:00 p.m. Addictive, to say the LEAST! I beat Renee and Betsy if you keep up on their blogs. SOOOO LOVE IT! I loved it so much that I'm starting back at the beginning. I've started reading the Sorcerer's Stone with Jaxon and Mykenzie. Jaxon seems to enjoy it as much as I do. When I think he's not paying attnetion, he comes up with some comment about the movie that relates to the part we are at in the book. IT was an absolutely awesome book and fabulous series that I would totally recommend. LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!!!!

2 comments:

The Tanner Thompsons said...

you didn't finish THAT far ahead of me... if didn't have to work saturday i would have beat you!!! and si is was A-MAZING!!!!and i was correct in my suspisions for how it was going to go...loooooooooooooooove HARYY POTTER

Wendster said...

Another HUGE fan here. I finished Monday morning but you read it faster than me because I'm one of the people who stand in line for "two hours". Go to my blog if you would like to check out the bookstore party pictures. Going to the store is a HOOT. You get sorted into houses, play trivia games, get your face painted, make golden snitches, dress up, and chat with other die hard fans and speculate about the ending. We only waited about 40 minutes and I'm not sure what I paid. But it was less than 20.00. Worth it for all the fun we had. We began the night with a book release party at our house. Hogwarts feast, comedy sports skits, potter puppet pals, snape debate. Total fun. I'm sorry it's over. I wonder if another "Harry Potter series" will come around in our life time?