Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday....TO ME!


So... my birthday was on Sunday...happy birthday to me. Our celebration started Friday night. When I was growing up, mom would always make whatever we wanted for dinner. I've continued this tradition with my own family. Since it's my birthday, I don't think I should have to cook, so we went out to Hamilton's for dinner. (Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday from Mom and Dad! THANKS!) I was again reminded why it is that Chris and I usually go there ourselves. They brought the kids their food early and it just went downhill from there. But the food was FABULOUS! Best steak I've ever had!

On Sunday, we started the day with Church, which was "great" because I had to speak. The Bishop called me a week before and asked if I'd speak on Making and Keeping Goals ('cause I'm good at that?!). At least I was first so I got to enjoy the rest of the meeting. Janet and Susie came to help Chris with managing the kids and they took Jaxon and Mykenzie with them to their house. It would be nice to say Chris and I got a nap...but we didn't. Jayden wouldn't sleep!
My visiting teachers came and then we went to Janet's for dinner. Chris' brother, Benjamin, has a birthday on the 25, so for the last 7 years, we've celebrated together (poor guy!). Sarah, Chris' sister gave me this AWESOME coat for my birthday. She's had it forever and I have coveting it forever! THANKS SARAH!
We got home from dinner just in time for the home teachers...while they were visiting with us, we received the news that President Gordon B. Hinkley died. I guess that is a date I'll never forget!
The greatest thing was coming home from Janet's to messages from all my family. That was so awesome...thanks for thinking of me. I loved them...
Thanks for thinking of me and remembering me...

5 comments:

Renee said...

my sister's just keep getting old. it's kind of weird.
but i love you anyways!!! and yay for one more year!!

Anonymous said...

Good food at Hamilton's, for sure!

Swoopref said...

Nice coat...
you could have said "cheese"

ellen said...

Sounds like a fun b-day!

Lisa Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! (and cute coat)