Friday, December 19, 2008

Hidden Talents


Jaxon and I had the funniest conversation yesterday afterschool. Actually, it started a the day before that. He told me that they were having a talent show at school and that he wanted to show off his "moves". I didn't really think anything about. I didn't hear anything from the teacher...no notices, no memos or anything of the like that would indicate any such festivities. So Jax came home from school yesterday and we started talking.

I asked him what happened at school. Oh what a treat I got! He told me that they did indeed have a talent show in his music class (his teacher is our first bishop's wife--when we first moved here). So I asked him what the kids did for talents. He told me, "Mom, I showed them my blocking moves!" I'm thinking...OK what are you talking about? He said he asked for a volunteer to come up and then he blocked all his karate moves! He said almost everyone volunteered to be his helper, but he chose Malcom (a good friend of his). He told us how the teacher moved all the chairs out of the way to make room for the performers. Now, Jaxon has never had any kind of Karate lessons. He has picked up what he calls his "moves" from movies like Ninja Turtles and Kung Fu Panda. Yeah, now you're getting the picture.

Oh, I can just imagine what that teacher was thinking. I can only imagine what Jaxon's 'blocking his friends moves' looked like. He was so proud of himself!

1 comment:

jksfam said...

From the picture, I thought it was his moves on the girls. Then the blocking moves made me think he was blocking the moves of the girls.