Thursday, October 8, 2009

Poor Little Guy




So last monday, my friend asked me if I would watch her little boy after kindergarten (he's in Mykenzie's class) for a few minutes because she had to be somewhere when he got out. So we watched him for like 45 mins. Well, his mom called me this monday...a week later. She said that her son had gotten pretty sick later that afternoon (after he'd been here) then she said they all got sick. With what you might ask....the swine flu. She called to see if anyone in our home had gotten sick. Well.......last Wednesday/Thursday Jayden and Mykenzie were not feeling great. Fevers, aches, coughs, etc. And then poor little payton got it. He's been so sick. He's been running a temperature and coughing and been really uncomfortable. Everyone else has gotten better, but him. I was going to take him into the doctor, but my neighbor (a nurse) told me that there isn't anything they can do for him except treat his symptoms...which I've already been doing at home.

So payton has an unconfirmed case of swine flu...i just can't see paying a couple hundred dollars for the doctor to confirm it!

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Oh no! I hope he's doing ok - hugs to him from all of us!!!

klap said...

so sad...the poor guy looks like warm puddy just melting in that chair. We hope he does fine! I told my friend, a pharmacist, and she said just make sure he gets LOTS of fluids and if he starts coughing so much he's having trouble breathing get him to the hospital quickly. Those are the 2 issues that are causing trouble with swing flu....you've probably been told this tons already, but I thought I'd pass it on just so her breath's not wasted!