Monday, March 26, 2012

Growing Up!!!

I know....it's been like a year (OK, it's been almost exactly a year!!). Facebook is easier and quicker, but I miss having this record of our life. So without further ado, I present MYKENZIE GETTING HER EARS PIERCED!
We were going to make her wait until her next birthday, but she was needing a little something special lately (c'mon, the girl deals with 3 brothers all day everyday, she deserves SOMETHING). So Chris and I were out and about with friends on Friday night and the kids were at Grandma Janet's. We had to stop at our favorite Sam Walton store. I decided to check out the ear piercing selection, get a pricing idea. Anyway, they had two girls working there and said that they could pierce both ears at the same time (hello, genius!). I asked them if they'd be there in 1/2 an hour. We went and asked Kenz if she wanted to...here's the picture in the parking lot...you think she was excited?
She was in her jammies and slippers....
There was paperwork to fill out and some chatting involved. I guess it was taking too long...she asked if we were gonna do it or not!
They went on the count of three...this was maybe a milisecond too soon...she made a great face!
Here she is all done with her ears pierced. She said that all her friends lied...it hurt really bad! She's been great at taking care of them so far! It was fun! It's just hard to believe she's old enough to take care of this herself and make the decision herself (she had been asking for a few months).
You know, in this family where we are the only girls, sometimes Kenz gets a little outnumbered, but it is fun to go just the two of us and do something special. It doesn't happen very often, but we always have some good memories!


3 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

Wow. She can't possibly be old enough for this! I have good memories of getting my ears pierced! Fun times!

ellen said...

I still haven't gotten mine pierced!

Anonymous said...

yea!