Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Brown Eyed Girl

Just in case you didn't think that little girls catch on to the whole image thing...these exact words came from mykenzie's mouth the other day..."Mom, I hate my eyes. I want to take them out and trade them with Jaxon's." What is that all about?! Where in the world did she learn that brown eyes are not beautiful and only blue eyes are?! I've spent the last few days stressing over what has been said about brown eyes, or blue eyes or where she possibly could have come up with that statement...I'm completely clueless...the only thought that crossed my mind was weeks ago I was looking at jaxon and noticing his eyes. I said, "Jaxon, you have pretty eyes." Not knocking anyone else's eye color, I was just making an observation...but I guess she got the idea that only blue eyes like Jaxon's are pretty...AMAZING how fragile her self image is. So in tribute to my beautiful brown-eyed girl...I took this picture this morning to show her that her eyes are indeed beautiful.

6 comments:

jksfam said...

Very cute girl!!! It's amazing how quickly they are affected by that kind of thing! It's also amazing how quickly they care about what they wear and what "looks funny together." UGH!

Anonymous said...

I always loved brown eyes because my family didn't have them!

Anonymous said...

nor the beautiful dark hair and olive skin no one in Greene had!

Lisa Michelle said...

Well, I always wanted to trade in my eyes for blue ones, too (for the same reason as your mom - none of my sibs have them), so I can hear where Mykenzie is coming from, but she is the cutest little patootie eva!! We love those brown eyes!

ellen said...

She's a doll! Isn't there a song "Brown eyed girl"? Play it for her!!

CMHill said...

Brown eyes are a novelty in our family!