Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Carrie and Lisa

Today is my older twin sisters' birthday!!! Yay, for them! Lisa has this cool thing she does on her blog on people's birthdays...I thought today, I might do the same for her and Carrie...

We'll start with Carrie (since she's older by 20 mins)
1. we've gone through a lot of the same stuff together (getting married 2 months apart, having our kids around the same time, etc)...it's been fun to have someone who knows EXACTLY what you're going through to talk to.
2. even though we have very different personalities, we get along really well. Carrie is easy to talk to.
3. she was my motivation for loosing the "baby weight". she started running to get back in shape after her third and looks AWESOME! even 6 months pregnant!
4. her kids are AWESOME...my kids love playing with them and the 6 of them get along better than anyone else they play with. (this means she's a great mom!)
5. she is a great example...being the oldest in the family put a lot of pressure on her shoulders, but she did great!

Now on to Lis, the geese (gotta love Dad's nicknames)
1. she is very aware of people's feelings...which means she makes people feel comfortable and loved and cared about by just being around. she always remembers people...like birthdays and special events and sometimes just because. she is SOOOO good at keeping in touch with everyone.
2. she coached YW basketball this year...we comisserated often!
3. she is an FABULOUS aunt...she is always patient with my kids (which sometimes takes a lot of effort)
4. lisa is one of the neatest people I know...as in clean. she always looks FANTASTIC and is very orderly.
5. she is fun to talk to...she always calls while she's shopping or driving home from work and she is so fun to vist with. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN MAY.
6. Lisa probably has to be one of the world's best wives...(see #1 for reasons why). Jimjimmyjimbojim is a lucky man!

I have many fond memories of Carrie and Lisa in their high school years. when laree was born, carrie was determined to spoil her rotten because, "By the time she's old enough to be a brat, I'll be at college!" She succeeded and Laree was very difficult about that age, if I remember correctly. Carrie and Lisa always had their "secret language". they'd give teh boys they liked (most often the current missionaries in the ward) nicknames so no one would know who they were talking about--off the top of my head I remember Jedi and Chia. They let me borrow their clothes... I remember when I was in elementary school, they were determined to make me look great for picture day. They spent the entire morning curling my hair and picking out my clothes. They left for school and for some reason I can't remember, I had mom brush is out! It was one of my worst school pictures ever! They included me in a lot of their things and for that I will ever be a better person from their examples and friendship!

Happy Birthday, dear sisters!

6 comments:

ellen said...

They are wonderful! I hope they are having good birthdays today. "Twins!"

CMHill said...

Thanks Nikki-That's really nice of you.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember our stopping the "tradition" of saying 1 nice thing about each other on their birthday!
Wow!
Maybe we should have started NOW!

Jim and Lisa said...

Wow, I think my head needs to be popped with all these nice things! Thanks! I wonder who Jedi and Chia were. I remember Peanut Butter and Tin-buck-two (or something like that).

The Tanner Thompsons said...

how sappy :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.