Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally DONE!

This was our book club book for March. I wasn't feeling particularly fantastic and there weren't very many copies, so I didn't really get much into it. After our discussion of the book, I really wanted to finish it...it took me about six weeks! It's a really good book, really interesting...but it just doesn't read fast. It's not one you can't put down, but it is very interesting. It's about the battle of Gettysburg from the commanding officers on both sides. SO interesting how they all knew each other and had all fought together. In one case, there were these really good friends. They had this big dinner party together and the next morning they went their separate ways to fight for opposing armies. I would recommend it if you are NOT looking for a quick read :)

3 comments:

Renee said...

who's the author of that book you told me about (beauty, i think it's called)

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that book! If you really want to understand the battles, I suggest mapping it out. I didn't, but kind of figured out maybe where my ggfs and their brothers may have been located in some of those battles.

TXlaps said...

Well, if it's any sign they also turned it into a movie (Gettysburg) which is basically 4 hours long!