Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Daffodils

The other afternoon Jaxon and Mykenzie were outside enjoying the COLD air riding their bikes and scooter and having fun. I was down here on the computer blogging (I know, shocking isn't it!) Anyway, Mykenzie came in the house and downstairs to show me what she had picked for me....you guessed it. The only problem is, we don't have any daffodils that grow in our yard. So after asking, I discovered that she picked our neighbors flowers...the one neighbor who is not terribly friendly and scares me to death (of course!). So, after she and I had a talk about why it's not nice to pick other people's flowers she and I put our shoes on and ventured over to the neighbors house to tell her and say sorry. Mykenzie put on this so sad little puppy dog face and said that she had picked the flowers and that she was sorry. The lady's daughter and friend came to the door and kept saying, "Oh, she's just so cute!". Our neighbor accepted the apology and asked Mykenzie if she would like to keep the flowers. How's that for a lessong well learned! Oh, well. So now we have them on our table...and Mykenzie refers to them as her flowers.

3 comments:

CMHill said...

Nice, gotta love it. Hey cute posts on Easter and so forth.

Anonymous said...

purty

klap said...

you should have gpa tell her the story of Fred and the Gum if you REALLY want her to learn her lesson... ;o)