Monday, July 21, 2008

More on Payton

Chris and I were in Ogden on Saturday with the little fella and today I went down by myself. These days spent down there are exhausting (I know that's hard to believe, but they really are). Its been a struggle to keep up with everything and it's only been one week! We are hoping and praying that he can move up here tomorrow. He has an eye exam in the morning and that is one of the main determining factors. If things don't go well with that, he'll need laser eye surgery and they'll want to keep him in ogden for that (logan doesn't do the surgery). It would really make our life a lot easier if they could move him, but a lot depends on Logan Hospital and of course, the money issue.

Anyway. This is how Payton was sleeping when I got back from lunch today. It made me laugh, so I had to take a picture.I bathed him all by myself today...no nurse standing over my shoulder telling me what to do. And since he is off the IV and only has the feeding tube, he can now wear clothes. So we put this little outfit on him. Believe it or not, it was actually a little snug...his little itty bitty shoulders were too narrow to keep it on very well. These pictures were taken right before I left tonight.


He weighed 3 lbs and 1 oz this evening, but the loosing weight thing is normal for every baby and doctor showed me how he's right on schedule (a nice little graph thing that I'm sure only dad and cris could really read, but I pretended I was smart!). He's really doing awesome down there. he's up to full feeds and tolerating them just fine. I can hardly believe it's been a week since he surprised us all!

4 comments:

Rachel H said...

Sounds like the little man is still kicking butt up there! Hopefully you'll have good news today to get him moved...

CMHill said...

Cute little guy. In that last picture, he looks similar to Taylor. Keep letting us know how it all goes.

Jim and Lisa said...

Looks like a little boy...I'm glad he's doing pretty well. Is that a premie outfit he is "busting out of".

klap said...

so adorable! You can't tell how small he really is, though!