Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Funnies and Projects


Jaxon is a funny kid. I don't know where he comes up with the stuff he says...it reminds me of someone I know pretty well. I believe mom kept a record of all the stuff s/he said. So without further ado...a few of Jaxon's latest things: I took him to the eye doctor to see if he needed a new prescription before school started. Sure enough, he did. So I asked him if he wanted to get new frames...he picked out $100 frames. I told him no way (the ones from last year were $9 and the dr. said he'd probably need new ones every year for a few years). So he takes them over to the woman working there and asks her if she can lower the price of the frames he wants. She smiles at him, kind of laughs and says, "No, that is the price." Jaxon looks at her and says, "Well, is there someone here who can?"
eating apple smiles with his stuffed snake wrapped around his neck
Betsy mentioned what he said when she was here. I wouldn't let him play video games or watch a movie. He was pretty upset. He looked at me and said in a stern voice, "Mom, that does NOT lighten my heart!"

Jaxon was staying overnight at grandma's. Chris had to help her with some stuff, so they all went out to lunch together. Jaxon ordered a root beer (it was an IBC in a bottle), so he asked if there were free refills on it. The waitress told him no and that he could order something else if he wanted to. The waitress left and Chris looked at Jax and kind of laughed at him and said he was funny. Jaxon said, "What? I'm just a boy with simple wants!"

I also remember him saying something about an object being taller than he was...but I can't quite remember the details on that one.

Also, I forgot to mention that when Cris was here, he and Mykenzie make this project...they made piggy banks out of milk jugs. They spent about an hour layering on coats of paint. Here is Cris with his finished project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it!
There was a section on the Art Linkletter show "Kids say the darndest things" it was the best part of the show. Look it up on Youtube