Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ice Blocking

So, remember that big microburst? The one that blew my corn over??? Well, said microburst also caused a power outage...a LOT of lines down all over town. So, Chris was concerned about the state of things in the freezer and fearing a total melt down (ha ha, get it?!) He went to Maverick to get ice...a few hours later the power came back on and we had two blocks of ice. What to do with two blocks of ice in the end of the summer on a hot day??? Go ICE BLOCKING!






Yup, I tried it too. Jax went a few feet and didn't try it again, there was a science to get it to work properly...he wasn't into it. Jayden tried twice and then he and Payt (who tried once) began to eat the ice. Kenzie and Jaxon's friend went over and over and over...for about an hour. Then we donated our stuff to the older neighbor kids who had a blast while we went home for popsicles.
I thought the day was a bust since most of my kids didn't enjoy it, but Jayden will keep asking if I remember the time we went ice blocking, or summer sledding!

2 comments:

klap said...

I thought that was illegal in Utah...or maybe just some cities!
I love that they're eating their sleD!

Anonymous said...

I never found the ice blocks to do it. It sounds like fun