Friday, February 16, 2007

6 years!


OK, so not the greatest picture in the world of either of us, but its a picture. (I might add that we have both lost a little weight since this...yeah, for us!)
ANYWAY, so do you know exactly where you were and what you were doing 6 years ago TODAY? Today is actually the day (including day of the week) that we were married 6 years ago. I believe at this time 6 years ago we were at our wedding lunch and had been married for a few hours. If I remember correctly, Jamie had hit the van or vice versa into Michelle Adam's car that morning at seminary. I remember few of the things that were said that day by Brother Chandler, but I do remember the way I felt. It was so wonderful to be in the temple with the people who mean the most to me and covenanting to be a partner and wife with Chris for eternity. I know our engagement shocked almost everyone (I think only my roommates were not suprised!) and it all went so quickly from first date to wedding, but I picked a good one! Chris is the most wonderful man I know. I love him so much more today than I did back then. He is always my biggest fan and largest supporter. He is my very best friend. I have loved our 6 years together. We've had our troubles, but they have certainly brought us closer together. There is no one I would rather struggle with than him. Last night we went to the temple to do sealings in celebration of our own. What an amazing thing that was to allow others the same experience we had and to be reminded of the promises and covenants we made and were given. This is one good man, and I love him with all my heart :)

4 comments:

ellen said...

I remember where I was---photographing Mr. and Mrs. Anderson!!! Happy Anniversary!

CMHill said...

Happy 6 years. You guys are an awesome couple! Have a great anniversary.

Swoopref said...

...warm fuzzies.

jksfam said...

I think I've lurked long enough... I love reading more about your family. I'm glad that you are doing so well. I loved Jaxon's Standard of Truth on Betsy's blog! We'll have to meet up when we're in UT next, or you're welcome to come visit us in CO! We're coming up on 10 years - Yeah! Have a great day! -Kristy