Friday, February 9, 2007

Thumbsucka

Now this I believe is genetic! Jayden is a thumb sucker. No matter how many times Chris and I try to pull out his finger or substitute with a binky (something that can eventually be taken away) Jayden simply will not give it up. I have to admit that sometimes it is kind of nice that he doesn't really need me to constantly carry something that will sooth him. But I fear a 8 year old sucking his thumb in public (can't imagine where that fear originated).
Last night was so cute!!! I put him to bed and just SCREAMED. Usually he just goes down really easy and plays (and sucks his thumb) until he falls asleep. But last night he was just really upset. SO, I went against all my rules and picked him up and rocked him until he was mostly asleep. It was so wonderful. He just cuddled right up on my shoulder and just sat there. I guess sometimes a baby just really does need his mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with mommy'ing
really!

Anonymous said...

it's a perk that comes with the job